Check old voters by IP or Cookies

More
6 years 1 month ago #999 by Hideto Oshima
Hideto Oshima created the topic: Check old voters by IP or Cookies
Hello,

I am testing Skyline Advanced Poll 2.7.0 on Joomla! 3.3.6 now.
It is a great Poll system! Thank you. :)

In my case, however, there are two issues.
(1) I want to use Skyline Advanced Poll as a election tool. We have 300 runners and 600 voters. Plus, more than one voter sometimes votes by 1 PC. All of voters has an account on Joomla!, so I want to check old voters by User ID of Joomla!.

(2) Skyline Advanced Poll can save 99 runners (99 answers), but when 100 answers is exceeded, Skyline Advanced Poll can't save it. (I added 224 runners via phpMyAdmin and tested it.)

Do you have solution for them?
(1) is a very important issue for me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #1004 by ExtStore Moderator
ExtStore Moderator replied the topic: Check old voters by IP or Cookies

Hideto Oshima wrote: Hello,

I am testing Skyline Advanced Poll 2.7.0 on Joomla! 3.3.6 now.
It is a great Poll system! Thank you. :)

In my case, however, there are two issues.
(1) I want to use Skyline Advanced Poll as a election tool. We have 300 runners and 600 voters. Plus, more than one voter sometimes votes by 1 PC. All of voters has an account on Joomla!, so I want to check old voters by User ID of Joomla!.

(2) Skyline Advanced Poll can save 99 runners (99 answers), but when 100 answers is exceeded, Skyline Advanced Poll can't save it. (I added 224 runners via phpMyAdmin and tested it.)

Do you have solution for them?
(1) is a very important issue for me.

Thanks

Hi Hideto Oshima,

Thank you for using our component,

Do you have solution for them? >> Yes, we do. Please be informed that I have sent you email with updated component via ticket system. Kindly check your inbox.

The upgrade to next version from us will be in place soon. Announcement will be made via our blog, so you can keep update from there.

Let me know if I am of any further assistance.

More
6 years 1 month ago #1005 by Hideto Oshima
Hideto Oshima replied the topic: Check old voters by IP or Cookies
Hi,

Thank you for sending a new file.
However, unfortunately, my issue was not solved.

(1) I logged in my test website by user-A and voted to poll. User-A could vote. Then I logged in test website by user-B using same PC. User-B could NOT vote to poll.

I guess that Skyline Advanced Poll checked Cookie. (On your new file - ver.2.7.1, "Check Type" of Skyline Advanced Poll Configuration is same to ver.2.7.0. The "User ID" option was not available.)

(2) When I change some of Poll setting and click "Save" button, Joomla! show "Item successfully saved." But changed configuration was not actually saved. They goes back to the original state.

Could you check them yourself?

Thanks

More
6 years 1 month ago #1006 by ExtStore Moderator
ExtStore Moderator replied the topic: Check old voters by IP or Cookies
Hi Hideto Oshima,

I have sent you email with updated component via ticket system. Kindly check your inbox.

Thank you for your patience.