Selling License keys

More
4 years 4 months ago #1948 by Mikel Ayani
Mikel Ayani created the topic: Selling License keys
Hi everyone!
I would like to know if someone has tried to sell license keys with Media Store.
Right now, I am creating new keys in the database directly, assigning the license period and the user to them. The software I develop asks the server at startup if the entered license is valid or not. Quite simple ;)
I can imagine that I could create a php file that creates a new license key in the DB with the necesary information once an order is placed and then return/display/send the license key value to the user. Is it possible? Or is there another way to do this?
Thanks!
Mikel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #1950 by Trang
Trang replied the topic: Selling License keys
Hi Mikel,

Media Store allows you to sell files, if you want to sell License Key, you can create to file doc, image or text, and then upload into data. If uses buy, they will downloads and view.

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

More
4 years 4 months ago #1955 by Mikel Ayani
Mikel Ayani replied the topic: Selling License keys
Thanks for your answer.
But If I want to sell different license keys to each user, how ca I do that?
Thanks again!
//Mikel

More
4 years 4 months ago #1959 by Trang
Hi Mikel,

You will create the file with the different names of the different License Keys, and the users will buy the key that they want. How do you think about this?

Best regards,

More
4 years 4 months ago #1967 by Mikel Ayani
Mikel Ayani replied the topic: Selling License keys
Thanks again,
But I see some problems with that:
- The users will see a lot of same products in the same category.
- Each products needs a different name, and of course it cannot be the license key, so it will be confusing for the users.

What about service products? how are they supose to work? Can I somehow edit the email to the users, or the order texts so a license key could be picked up form the DB and pasted there?
Regards,
Mikel

More
4 years 4 months ago #1975 by Trang
Hi Mikel,

You mean you want to choose the Product type is Service awesomescreenshot.com/0135ocvaf2 If you choose this, you have to upload products for every order.
For more information, to help us support for you more easily, please submit a ticket here: extstore.com/helpdesk/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikel Ayani