Skyline Downloads Pro is a complete solution of management and sharing documents or files for your Joomla website.
Categories management: Skyline Downloads Pro allows you to create unlimited categories. One of the greatest features is when you change the setting, it will apply to main and all sub-categories. In general, the sub-categories permission inherited from parent categories. In the case of conflicting with parent categories or component settings, it will be indicated by not allowed. All properties assigned to a category (permissions, metadata, templates, etc.) remain after copying or moving. However, you can edit the category in its new location and adjust as you needed.
Documents management: Skyline Downloads Pro is not only helpful and powerful in managing documents but also in sharing a huge amount of document files. You can add metadata: title, alias, selected category, status, featured or not, ordering, language, short and full description to every document. It’s very easy to add, edit or remove document files and document images.
SEO: You can add an image and note for each category and document. Furthermore, it’s simple to set meta description and meta keywords by making an optional paragraph in or a comma-separated list of key words, phrases. These will be used as the description of the page in the HTML output and generally display in the results of search engine.
Skyline Downloads Pro gives you a flexible and effective permission to control users who can view, download, rate and comment from front-end and back-end. Also, they can choose what are featured documents. More interestingly, they can manage the download logs of registered users.
- NEW Subfolder support for images and files management.
- NEW Drag & Drop upload for multiple images and files.
- Compatible with Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x (Joomla 2.5 is compatible to Downloads Pro version 3.0.1 and later versions are compatible with Joomla 3.x only)
- Documents managed by infinite categories and subcategories.
- Support to add multiple files to a document.
- Support to add multiple images to gallery of document.
- Option to input Documentation and Demo link.
- Displaying download items sorted by name, date modified, most recent, most downloads.
- Option to Show/Hide header bar.
- Option to Show/Hide field in info box (uploaded, downloads, rating...) in both list view and item view.
- Option to hide "More Details" button in list view.
- HOT Support for Xmap component.
- Security of files folder and images folder.
- HOT Plugins for Search and Smart Search.
- HOT License management for document.
- Support remote urls.
- Integrate with multibox to display the gallery.
- Integrate with JComments.
- Ajax rating system.
- Nice theme. With the template engine, it's easy to make a new template inherited from default theme.
- About Page - Show off more details of product and further information.
See more in our demo page.
- Download latest version of Skyline Downloads Pro from our website here.
- Go into Administrator site, click Extension → Extension Manager, choose Browse the File, then select Upload and Install
Main screen in back-end
- From Administrator site, choose Components → Skyline Downloads Pro
- On the Dashboard of Skyline Downloads Pro shows the quick icons to navigate documents and categories. The documents are arranged by Date Added, Date Updated, Total Hits and Total Downloads.
Create new category
- Click on Categories icon on dashboard and button to create new category.
- The Title of category is required.
- Title: The name of the category. This is requested by default.
- Alias: Alias of category title.
- Parent: Choose one parent category from existing categories or No parent.
- Status: Published, Unpublished, Archived or Trashed.
- Access: public (for user and guest), registered (for user only).
Create new document
Add Document Files
- Title of the document is required.
- Category: Choose a category to contain the document.
- Document Files: Give the uploaded file the title, then click button and a pop-up window will appear to upload the file. Hence, it allows to manage all files as a document library. You can remove the mistaken file by clicking in the Remove button.
Setting for Description
- Short Description: Some basic information about the document. It will be showed right after the document.
- Description: Make full description about the document. Show on frontend after click in button More Details or when you choose to display Document Menu Item Type at frontend.
Setting for Publishing Options
- Alias: The alias of document title. It is for internal use only. It has to be unique for each Document in the same category.
- Download Counter: Option to count the number of downloads of each document.
- Besides, there are various options to set Created date, Start and Finish date of Publishing.
Setting for Document Images
- Options to Add/Remove/Manage extra images for document. The images library is managed in the same way as document files.
Setting for Basic Options
- These information will display on each document's detailed page:
- Version: Update Version log for the document.
- Image: Choose an image to represent for the document. This will display as an avatar when you show documents in list at frontend.
- License: Add the license created for the document.
- Documentation URL: Link to the instruction page.
- Demo URL: Link created to Demo site.
Setting for Permission and Metadata Options
- Permission Options: Set permission of users to download, rate, comment on the document.
- Metadata Options: SEO settings. These options not only help you to manage the documents, but also support the users to find other products and related info more easily.
- Meta Description: An optional paragraph to be used as the description that generally display in the results of search engines.
- Meta Keywords: A list of keyword or key phrases separated by commas that will be defined as tags and links for the document.
Edit an existing document
- Click to Documents tab on the Main Screen, choose an existing document to edit.
Delete a document
- Select the documents and click button Trash. But when you delete a document, it isn't completely deleted. It is moved to trash so it shows in front end if you are logging in with admin account. To completely delete it, select the status to Trash.
- To mark a document as featured document, you can create new or edit an existing document, but the the Featured Option must be enable to Yes.
- Click to Featured Documents tab from the Main Screen to see the list.
- Along with Categories, all of these Featured Documents will appear at the main page on frontend.
Manage Download Logs
Click to Download Logs tab from the Main Screen of Skyline Downloads Pro to manage. Please note that only download hits from Registered users are recorded in Download Logs.
- Click to License tab on Main Screen to create a new license.
- Or edit an existing licenses. These licenses would be used for download documents.
- When the users want to download a document contained license, there will appear a popup window. After you click in Accept Button, the download progress continues immediately.
Create Skyline Downloads module
- From Administrator site, choose Extensions → Module Manager, search for Skyline Downloads. Click in to enable and edit.
Settings for Details
- Position: the position you have in a template. For example: position-7 of default Beez20 template.
- Status: published, unpublished or trashed.
- Access: public (for user and guest), registered (for user only).
- Ordering: The ordering the module will be put with other modules in the same position
Settings for Basic Options
- Module Class Suffix: Suffix applied to the CSS class to customize individual module styling.
- Select Categories: Select category in which all the documents will be displayed.
- Limit: Max number of documents will be displayed.
- Show Category: Choose Yes to show the category of document.
- Show Date: Show or not show date of document.
- Show Info: Option to show hits and downloads information of document.
- Date Format: Format of date to be showed.
- Order By: Order of documents to be displayed
Settings for Menu Assignment
- Module Assignment: Choose to assign module in selected pages.
- Menu Selection: Select menu type.
- Click to Components → Skyline Downloads Pro, click Option to set the configuration
- Upload Path: Set path to save files.
- Extensions: Decide what kinds of extensions of downloadable files.
- Days For New: Number of days for marking product as new.
- Downloads For Hot: Number of downloads for marking product as hot.
- Enable JComments: Choose Yes to add JComments after every document.
If a document had enough condtions to be both a hot and new one, it would be marked as a hot document.
Besides, variety of options to show/hide header bar, fields in info box (uploaded, modified, downloads, rating, tags...) in both list view and item view of the template.
Set user groups to download, rate and comment.
- Public: All users can download the files.
- Registered: Only registered users can download the files.
- Special: Only special users group can download the files.
- Rate on List: Choose Yes to allow user rate on a document in document list.
- Set default permissions used for all content in this component.
Display on Frontend
Component Download Home
- Click to Menus → Menu Manager → Add new menu to make a new menu. Or choose a menu from list to edit.
- One popup window will appear. Choose the menu item type in Skyline Downloads Pro
Display with Menu type
Component Search Document
- Search Keywords: Enter keyword you want to search.
- Category: Choose one or all category to find in.
- Ordering: Search by newest first, Oldest Updates first, Most Hits or Alphabetical title.
- Search for: Option to search exactly the word or other search results.
- Search where: Search in Title, Tag or Description.
Module Documents Preview List
Downloads Pro Search Plugins
- In order to make Search Feature within the component, Skyline Downloads Pro also creates great effects on Search Optimization for your Joomla website.
Back to your Administrator site, click on Extensions → Plug-in Manager, then find for Search - Skyline Downloads Pro plugins and turn them on.
- If you Have or Do-Not-Have the Search module, you should take a quick look at these modules and put them in your desired positions. Click in Extensions → Module Manager → New to create new Search and Smart Search modules:
Enable Search - Skyline Downloads Pro plugin and setting for some basic options.
- Search Limit: Limit the number of items search result.
- Documents: Turn on to enable searching for all Documents.
- Archived Documents: Choose option to Search or Not Search archived documents.
- Enable Smart Search - Skyline Downloads Pro plugin.
- Go to Components → Smart Search and click button to create new index.
- Waiting in some seconds for the indexing process to complete.
Show on Frontend
- Your website's visitors could not only find the results from Joomla contents but also the products from Downloads Pro component.